What is Outdoor IoT Appliance PAN?
The PAN is an Outdoor Open Source OpenWrt appliance designed for IoT application over long distance WiFi connection.
PAN has two RJ45 ports, a WiFi 802.11 b/g/n interface to provide flexible network connection via LAN cable/ wifi.
PAN is fully open source, user can modify the inside Linux system or compile a firmware for their customized applications.
The goal for PAN is to fulfill IoT requirement on dedicate application or installations where required long distance transmission. Applications for PAN include remote control of robots, data logging, web applications for data presentation, mesh networking over WiFi and many more.
- PAN Model-N: Equipped with Omni antenna. Radio available in all direction. Range: 200~300 meters in Open Area
- PAN Model-D: Equipped with Directional antenna. Radio available in specify direction so to have longer range. Range: ~1km in Open Area.
- OpenWrt Inside: OpenWrt is a reliable Linux distribution for embedded system. It is open source, under well developed and maintained. OpenWrt used package system, lots of powerful utility, software are maintained as packages form. Users can easily install, remove these packages to make a deep customized system.
- Open Hardware Design: Developers have the possibility to improve or do innovation on the hardware and release a new /unique product base on requirement.
- Stable, Flexible WiFi Design: Can be configured in different WiFi mode for various applications.
- AP mode: as what a normal WiFi routers does, so other WiFi client can connect to MS14 and share its internet connection.
- Client mode: as what a normal PC does to connect to your existent WiFi router for internet connection.
- Ad-Hoc for mesh network.
- Modular Design:The most complicate and difficulty parts are built as mother board. Developers focus on the MCU daughter board design only. This helps to reduce the development time, cost, risk, difficulty to release a new product to test/seize the market.
- Production Enclosure:PAN has a Professional/Industrial enclosure which can be used directly for the market.
- Managed by Web GUI, SSH or Serial: Built-in Web server provides convenient to use/configure/upgrade/monitor or have full control by SSH/Serial.
- Various firmware upgrade methods:Firmware can be upgraded via serial interface, SSH access, GUI interface for easy maintaining.
- Safe Mode: Robust software/hardware interface to reduce after-sale support cost.
- Remote upgrade AVR daughter aboard:Daughter board can be upgraded remotely to reduce the maintaining cost and provide central management/ deployment.
- Compatible with Arduino Yun software:Reuse all the source from Arduino Yun to speed up development.
- Hardware System:
- Processor: 400MHz, 24K MIPS
- 64MB RAM
- 16MB Flash
- DC Input: 9 ~ 12v
- 1 x USB port , 1 x USB interface
- Micro SD card slot
- 2 x RJ45 ports
- WiFi Spec:
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Frenquency Band: 2.4 ~ 2.462GHz
- Omni Antenna or Directional Antenna
PAN Firmware include two parts: u-boot and OpenWrt. in the Openwrt side user can choose to use IoT firmware / Yun Firmware or build their firmware themselves.
- Bootloader U-Boot manual please refer THIS LINK. this part is for booting or recovering the system.
- IoT firmware manual can refer THIS LINK. It mainly for network configure.
- Arduino Yun firmware manual can refer THIS LINK.
The phone port of OV1 is integrated into one of the Rj45 port. This RJ45 port include Ethernet signals, Power and Phone signals. User can use the provided PoE injector to connect it. as show in below photos.
What is the WiFi range of PAN?
- Package Include:
- PAN-Model-N or PAN-Model-D Outdoor IoT appliance x 1
- PoE Injector x 1
- Power Adapter , 12v x 1
- Dimensions and Weight:
- Device Size: 23.5 x 8 x 6 cm
- Device Weight: 263g
- Package Size / pcs : 25 x 8.2 x 8 cm
- Weight / pcs : 437g
- 21 pcs Carton Dimension: 45 x 31 x 34 cm
- Weight / carton : 12.5 kg
- Software User Manual: http://wiki.dragino.com/index.php?title=IoT_Mesh_Firmware_User_Manual
- Source code and how to compile software: https://github.com/dragino/openwrt-cc-15.05
- Hardware Source, In Eagle design: https://github.com/dragino/motherboard-hardware/tree/master/pan