What is Outdoor VoIP Appliance OV1?
The OV1 is an VoIP appliance designed for transfer the Voice over long distance WiFi connection.
The OV1 is an Open Source OpenWrt appliance for VoIP. OV1 has built-in Asterisk software and have one FXS port to connect normal phone. OV1 has a friendly Web UI, user can configure the OV1 to work as a VoIP ATA or PBX through the web browser easily.
OV1 has two RJ45 ports, a WiFi 802.11 b/g/n interface to provide flexible network connection via LAN cable/ wifi.
OV1 is fully open source, user can modify the inside Linux system or compile a firmware for their customized applications.
The goal for OV1 is to fulfill VoIP requirement on dedicate application or installations where required long distance transmission.
- OV1-Model N: Equipped with Omni antenna. Radio available in all direction. Range: 200~300 meters in Open Area
- OV1-Model D: Equipped with Directional antenna. Radio available in specify direction so to have longer range. Range: ~1km in Open Area.
- Open Source OpenWrt system
- Asterisk 1.11
- Support SIP / IAX2 server/client.
- Support multiply SIP / IAX2 entries
- Easy configure SIP/IAX2/dial-plan in Web UI
- Managed by Web GUI or SSH
- Firmware upgrade via Web
- Support WiFi AP, Client or Ad-Hoc(Mesh) mode
- Support USB flash for extend storage
- Support Passive PoE on LAN port.
- Hardware System:
- Processor: 400MHz, 24K MIPS
- 64MB RAM
- 16MB Flash
- DC Input: 9 ~ 12v
- 1 x FXS port
- 2 x RJ45 ports
- WiFi Spec:
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Frenquency Band: 2.4 ~ 2.462GHz
- Omni Antenna or Directional Antenna
OV1 Firmware include two parts: u-boot and OpenWrt. in the Openwrt side it use the standard IoT firmware with built-in FXS part software.
- Bootloader U-Boot manual please refer THIS LINK. this part is for booting or recovering the system.
- IoT firmware manual can refer THIS LINK. It mainly for network configure.
- VoIP part software manual can refer THIS LINK. it is for voice part.
The phone port of OV1 is integrated into one of the Rj45 port. This RJ45 port include Ethernet signals, Power and Phone signals. User can use the provided PoE injector to connect it. as show in below photos.
What is the WiFi range of OV1?
- Package Include:
- OV1-Model-N or OV1-Model-D Outdoor VoIP appliance x 1
- PoE / Phone Injector x 1
- Power Adapter , 12v x 1
- Dimensions and Weight:
- Device Size: 23.5 x 8 x 6 cm
- Device Weight: 263g
- Package Size / pcs : 25 x 8.2 x 8 cm
- Weight / pcs : 437g
- 21 pcs Carton Dimension: 45 x 31 x 34 cm
- Weight / carton : 12.5 kg