What is the Dragino LoRa BEE
The Dragino LoRa BEE is a LoRa moudule allows the user to send data and provides ultra-long range spread spectrum communication and high interference immunity whilst minimising current consumption.
The LoRa BEE is based on the SX1276/SX1278 transceiver.The LoRa BEE targets professional wireless sensor network applications such as irrigation systems, smart metering, smart cities, smartphone detection,building automation, and so on.
This product can connect with the LoRa/GPS Shield mother board as a LoRa/GPS Shield:
- 168 dB maximum link budget.
- +20 dBm - 100 mW constant RF output vs.
- +14 dBm high efficiency PA.
- Programmable bit rate up to 300 kbps.
- High sensitivity: down to -148 dBm.
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -12.5 dBm.
- Excellent blocking immunity.
- Low RX current of 10.3 mA, 200 nA register retention.
- Fully integrated synthesizer with a resolution of 61 Hz.
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRaTM and OOK modulation.
- Built-in bit synchronizer for clock recovery.
- Preamble detection.
- 127 dB Dynamic Range RSSI.
- Automatic RF Sense and CAD with ultra-fast AFC.
- Packet engine up to 256 bytes with CRC.
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator.
Dimensions and Weight:
- Size: 31mm*25mm*10mm.
- Net weight: 4g.
- 3.3V power supply
- Frequency Band: 868 MHZ/433 MHZ/915 MHZ(Pre-configure in factory)
- Low power consumption
- Compatible with Arduino
- LoRa™ Modem
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRa™and OOK modulation
- Preamble detection
- Baud rate configurable
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator
- External Antenna via I-Pex connector/SMA connector
You have to be aware that Radio link quality and performances are highly dependent of environment.
Better performances can be reached with:
- Outdoor environment.
- No obstacles.
- No high level radio interferer in the ISM 868MHz band.
- At least 1 meter above the ground.
Radio performances are degraded with:
- Obstacles: buildings, trees...
- Inner buildings environments.
- High ISM 868MHz band usage by other technologies.
Radio communication are usually killed with bad topographic conditions. It is usually not possible to communicate through a hill, even very small.
- LoRa BEE 868: Load with SX1276, support 868M frenquency
- LoRa BEE 915: Load with SX1276, support 915M frenquency
- LoRa BEE 433: Load with SX1278, support 433M frenquency
- Hardware Source: https://github.com/dragino/Lora/tree/master/Lora%20GPS%20Shield/LoRa%20Bee
- Where to buy this board: http://www.dragino.com/buy.html
- Technical Support for LoRa/GPS HAT: email@example.com
- LoRa Shield: http://wiki.dragino.com/index.php?title=Lora_Shield